3D Scope II - Communication with T.M.A.S
Table of Contents
The 3DScope II traffic counter uses port 443 (HTTPS) to communicate its traffic to the SMS T.M.A.S. Hosted SaaS software platform on a SOAP protocol.
- Every 15 minutes once a device is recognized as assigned it will report its last 15 minutes of counts. The approximate size of the communication is (15kb)
- If Ever the device is without internet access, the count notifications are stored within it's internal memory buffer and transmitted once the internet access has been restored.
Required Network Router/Firewall rules
- Verify that the traffic counter is powered and connected to the network at the PoE Injector or PoE Switch
- Verify that the traffic counter is programmed with the following PUSH information and checked off as enabled.
- Verify that the traffic counter has a valid gateway and the IP address assigned has internet access.
- Verify that the traffic counter is programmed with valid DNS server addresses. (Default Google DNS 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11)
- Reboot Device by Service Tools if any information such as the gateway or DNS IP addresses were changed.