Mini Beam - Sensor is blocked
Table of Contents
Your Traffic Counter's beam is obstructed and cannot count accurately.
Model: Mini Beam DBM12-20
<INSERT PICTURE OF BLOCKED SENSOR ALERT>
This is typically caused by an object interfering with the beams, such as the following.
Possible obstructing objects
- Signage may be obstructing the beam
- Plants, Furniture or displays may be obstructing the beam
- A new store design or shelving may now be obstructing the beam
Possible technical issues related the the beam installation
- Beam may be out of alignment
- Cover has become unhinged
- The Beam may have become unmounted from the wall/structure
- door handle or hinge may be obstructing the beam
- glass may be obstructing the beam
- sun light may be intensely shining into the beams
- one side of the mini sensor may no longer be powered
Refer to the SYS-MINI installation manual attached here about how to resolve the above technical issues.
STC-U200 relay & label settings may be incorrect
<INSERT PICTURE OF STC-U200 SCREEN WITH CORRECT SETTINGS>
How to verify and correct the settings
From the setup menu, press the up arrow until you find Relay/Label and then follow these steps:
- Press enter. On the screen the cursor should be underneath 01. This represents the # of the door.
- Using the up and down arrows select the door you want to change.
- Press enter. The cursor will go to the 2nd row.
- The option is close and open. This setting should always be at close. Select closed using the up/down arrow
- Press enter. The cursor will go to the 3rd row.
- The option is “BiDi” and “NoDi”. This setting should be at NoDi for this kind of installation. Select NoDi and Press enter.
- Press enter until you return to the Number of the door followed by the configuration, then press escape.