TMAS - Manage User Accounts
Create, Edit and Remove access to TMAS
Table of Contents
T.M.A.S. access can be controlled directly by application Chain and User Managers (SMS Client Admins) or through Microsoft Azure integration. User permissions are granted depending on the chosen role
How to access Manage User Accounts
Only T.M.A.S. users with the Chain and Users account type can access options in the Administration section of the application.
Steps to access
Depending on the location selected the user list will display the users that have been added with access to that location.
The user list can be manipulate in the following ways.
- select 10, 25 or 50 users to be displayed per page
- sort column in ascending or descending order by clicking the arrows next to each column name.
- search for a specific user with the search box
- variables listed: Username, Name, E-mail, Group Member, Chain, Status, Last Login, Actions
Refer the attached document below.
Add a User
- Login to TMAS
- Expand Administration
- Select manager user accounts
- Click Add
Complete account information
- Username (Best practice is to use their e-mail address) - Note* If using MS Azure Integration - The username needs to match both in T.M.A.S. and Azure.
- Email address
- Language (This option will change the language of the TMAS application interface)
- Enable / Disable (Checked off by default)
- Send welcome email (Checked off by default - Sends 1st time access info to user by e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org)
Complete user information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mobile phone number
Complete membership (Used to determine which locations
- Search for the location to assign the user access too.
- Check either the Chain, Region or a Store and the user will be able to select these locations for reporting.
- Select the permission type for the user.
- Click Add
Edit a User
- Check the box of a user - New options will appear (Note: Only a single user can be edited at a time. If more than 1 user is checked the EDIT button will disappear)
- Select Edit - TMAS will load user page
- Navigate through Account Information, User Information and Membership
- Make desired changes
- Click Save
Enable / Disable a User
Users become disabled after 5 login failures.
- Check the box next to the desired user
- Click Edit
- Click the box next to Enabled in the Account Information Tab to enable / disable
- Click Save
Remove a User
- Check the box of all user(s) to remove - New options will appear
- Select Delete - TMAS will load user page
- Select YES to the following message that you are sure
Resetting All User(s) password(s) or a Specific User
To reset a single users password
- Check the box for that user
- Click Reset User Password
- Select Yes to the following message to confirm
To expire or reset ALL USERS passwords
- Do Not Select any users by checking the box
- Select Reset all user password or expire all user passwords
- Click Yes to following message to confirm
How and where to set a password expiration policy
T.M.A.S. admin users are able define a period of days to determine when users passwords will expire and be forces to reset.
For more information about how users can change or reset their passwords, refer to the following knowledge article - https://help.storetraffic.com/tmas/member-login
How to define a password expiration policy in T.M.A.S.
- Select Chain location to set password policy on in location options
- Expand Administration
- Select Manage Locations
- Click Advanced
- Scroll down and find User options
- Input desired number of days before passwords expires (Note* indicating 0 days disables this function and is the default setting).
- Scroll down and Click Save
Mail a User
T.M.A.S. provides the ability to make use you default mail application to send communications to users defined in the application. Selected user(s) e-mail addresses in the TO: field. Selecting multiple users will place the addresses in the BCC: field
- Select a user
- Click Mail
- Your default e-mail application will appear
How to clear Invalid e-mail tags on Users
T.M.A.S. sends user and password information as well as reports by e-mail to it's users.
If a user was created with an invalid e-mail address, either by a typo, the address did not exist at the time of the T.M.A.S. user creation or the verification bounced, the user will be flagged.
Refer to the following process to clear the flag so that they can start receiving e-mails again from the T.M.A.S. application.
Example of Flagged UserIf the user e-mail address is not correct, use the edit function to update the account with the correct e-mail address which will force T.M.A.S. to revalidate.
Otherwise if the is correct follow these steps to clear the flag.
- Select the user account
- Click Whitelist this or these email(s)
- A Confirmation message will appear indicating that the Flag has been cleared.
- Click the T.M.A.S. Icon at the top right of the screen
- Select Refresh T.M.A.S. info for the flag to disappear.