PEARL - How to replace batteries
T.M.A.S. & App Alerts
Table of Contents
The purpose of this article is to help customers replace batteries in the PEARL unit(s).
IMPORTANT: We recommend replacing the batteries in BOTH the Main and Secondary sensors at the same time. This is to save you time and trouble as if you only replace the batteries for the Main or Secondary, as shown in the alert, you may be alerted to replace batteries for the other unit shortly thereafter.
Required Tools and Materials
- 8x AA batteries
- Screwdriver (X)
Which batteries to use?
- Use brand-new batteries only.
- We recommend using Energizer Max alkaline.
- Other top brand such as Duracell or Costco's Kirkland has been tested with good results.
- Do not use Lithium batteries from Energizer as they will not last as long.
- Other less expensive options may result in greatly reduced battery life.
How to replace the batteries in both sensors
- Unscrew the top 2 screws on the back of the sensor.
- Slide the casing UP as indicated by the Battery arrow graphic on the casing.
- Pop out the 4 depleted AA Batteries.
- Pop In NEW never before used AA batteries of the same type.
- Slide back the casing.
- Screw back the 2 screws.
- Repeat Steps 1-6 for the other sensor.
Once the batteries have been changed the light status will be the following:
- The Main Pearl ‘M’, will have a solid green light for 12 seconds and will then go off.
The Secondary Pearl ‘S’, will have a solid green light for 5 seconds and will then go off.
- Wait one minute, and your PEARL should be back to operating normally.