PEARL - How to replace batteries
T.M.A.S. & App Alerts
Table of Contents
The purpose of this article is to help customers replace batteries in the PEARL unit(s).
IMPORTANT: You'll need to replace batteries in both the Main and Secondary units.
Required Tools and Materials
- 8x AA batteries
- Screwdriver (X)
Which batteries to use?
- Use brand-new batteries only.
- The Pearl requires using Energizer Max alkaline.
- Other top brand such as Duracell or Costco's Kirkland has been tested with good results.
- Do not use Lithium batteries from Energizer as they will not last as long.
- Other less expensive options may result in greatly reduced battery life.
How to replace the batteries in both sensors
- Unscrew the top 2 screws on the back of the sensor.
- Slide the casing UP as indicated by the Battery arrow graphic on the casing.
- Pop out the 4 depleted AA Batteries.
- Pop In NEW never before used AA batteries of the same type.
- As the last battery is inserted, turn the unit over making sure that the led turns solid green to confirm its power on.
- The main unit should go solid green for 12 seconds then off
- The secondary unit should go solid green for 5 seconds then off
- Slide back the casing.
- Screw back the 2 screws.
- Repeat Steps 1-6 for the other sensor.
Once the batteries have been changed the light status will be the following:
- The Main Pearl ‘M’, will have a solid green light for 12 seconds and will then go off.
The Secondary Pearl ‘S’, will have a solid green light for 5 seconds and will then go off.
- Wait one minute, and your PEARL should be back to operating normally.
Questions and Answers
Q: I keep changing batteries is there an alternate solution?
A: You can add power adapters that are found online, Lenink AC Power Supply Adapter for 4x AA Batteries.